New Features of QuoteWerks 5.0 Build 1.43
- ConnectWise 2015.1 is now supported!
- Beta support for the new QuoteWerks for Web offering! Use the web version of QuoteWerks to view and edit your quotes from anywhere using a web browser. The Web version of QuoteWerks connects to your existing SQL backend installation of QuoteWerks enabling you to instantly access all of your existing quotes. QuoteWerks for Web is a hosted solution with access being through a web browser at na.quotewerks.com. Your account will be configured to use your backend SQL database that is hosted on your premise. QuoteWerks Corporate Edition (re-hosted to SQL) version 5.0 Build 1 or higher is required along with a QuoteWerks for Web subscription, and your SQL server must be accesssible through the web.
- There is now an 'Opportunities' Dashboard in QuoteWerks. The information displayed on this dashboard will be read in real-time from the quotes in the QuoteWerks database, which is the original source of the opportunity information so it will always be accurate, up-to-date, and instant. This dashboard will enable you to automatically track opportunities and quota achievement at the individual or company level. Gain insight into quarterly progress, various stages of quotes, top selling products, and more! The Opportunities Dashboard is only available in the Professional and Corporate Editions of QuoteWerks.
- You can now set a Monthly Sales Quota Amount per sales rep on the Sales tab of the User properties window. This is used in the MySummary and Opportunities Dashboards. The UserProperties "Commissions" tab has been renamed to "Sales".
- The MySummary Dashboard has been updated to include a "Quota bar" that shows sales statistics relating to the logged in user's sales quota.
- Multiple Product Database Search. You can now do a product search across multiple product databases. This will search all selected product databases including native product databases, and external product data sources like SQL, OLEDB, Autotask, ConnectWise, salesforce.com, QuickBooks, etc
- QuoteWerks now has built-in lease payment calculation support. You can very easily offer your customer the option to lease the quote. QuoteWerks makes it effortless to give the customer multiple lease choices such as 12 months, 36 months, FMV purchase, $1 buyout, 0/1 upfront payment, etc. As the quote total changes, the lease payments automatically re-calculate! All leasing companies are supported, simply enter your leasing companies lease rate factor data into QuoteWerks. When quote is delivered using QuoteValet, as the customer changes options, the lease payments are automatically re-calculated to reflect the new quote total. Through QuoteValet the customer can choose to purchase the quote outright or can choose a leasing option. There are many options, such as whether or not to include sales tax or not.
- QuoteWerks now supports a real-time leasing integration with GreatAmerica Financial Services. Offer leasing options to your customers and submit credit apps to GreatAmerica without leaving QuoteWerks! Real-time module is required. On the Sale Info tab, just choose the [Add Lease payment Options] button in the Payment Options frame. Once you select your GreatAmerica lease card, the real-time query to GreatAmerica will enable you to see all the lease options available from GreatAmerica such as terms, advance payments, points, and purchase options. Just select the combinations of options you would like to see and GreatAmerica provides all the iterations of those combinations. Once you've had a chance to see them, you can choose which ones you would like to offer to your customer.
- Dell Integration. The QuoteWerks Dell integration enables Dell Premier Partners with Punchout credentials, to import Dell order Requestions from the Dell Premier portal, and place electronic orders. You can initiate a new Dell order requisition from within QuoteWerks, choose items on the Dell website (or select a quote your Dell sales rep created for you), and then import those items into the QuoteWerks quote. Later, QuoteWerks can order those items electronically through Dell.
- Auto-Links feature on the Links tab. Use dynamically generated auto-links to quickly navigate to entities linked to your quote like contacts, opportunities, tickets, and activities. Especially useful for tickets since QuoteWerks may generate for example, 5 tickets, in your PSA and now you can quickly navigate to them using QuoteWerks. Examples of links are: Links to view the SoldTo, ShipTo, and BillTo contacts in Act! for Web, Autotask, ConnectWise, GoldMine, MSCRM, and salesforce.com. Links to view the opportunity in salesforce.com, MSCRM, and Autotask. Links to view the call activity in MSCRM. Links to view the tickets in ConnectWise. In ConnectWise 2015.1 and higher, links to view the contact, activity, and opportunity.
- Payment options feature on the Sale Info tab. You can give you customer the choice to pay by Terms or by Credit Card. This is especially useful for QuoteValet users, if you specify any payment options and Credit Card is not included in the list of payment options, then when the quote is accepted through QuoteValet, your customer will not be presented with the option to pay by credit card. You can set defaultpayment options to be used in all new quotes under the Payment tab of the Tools->Options menu.
- For ConnectWise 2015.1 and higher users, on the SoldTo/ShipTo tab there is now a button you can click that will open the selected ConnectWise contact in ConnectWise.
- For ConnectWise 2015.1 and higher users, the Create/Update Opportunity window now has a button you can click that will open the selected ConnectWise opportunity in ConnectWise.
- QuoteWerks URL redirector. The web browser "quotewerks:" protocol handler is a great way to automate QuoteWerks actions from a web browser hyperlink. Not following standards, some CRMs have started requiring that all custom URL hyperlinks start with "http://" or "https://". To address this, we now have a QuoteWerks URL redirector. Instead of starting the URL with "quotewerks://quotebutton?" you can now instead use "https://www.qwcontent.com/QuoteWerksURLProtocolRedirector.aspx?RedirectorAction=quotebutton"
- For ConnectWise 2015.1 and higher users, on the SoldTo/ShipTo tab there is now a button you can click that will open the selected ConnectWise contact in ConnectWise.
- For ConnectWise Users, when converting a Quote to an Order, on the "Close opportunity as Won" opportunity window, there is now an option to create a ConnectWise Sales Order from the Opportunity. This will link all Products, Notes, and Documents from the ConnectWise Opportunity to the New Sales Order in ConnectWise.
- For ConnectWise users, the Create/Update Opportunity window now has a button you can click that will open the selected ConnectWise opportunity in ConnectWise (Requires ConnectWise 2015.1 and higher).
- For API users, added an "Application.XMLEvent (byref sXMLEventData as string)" method.
- For API users, added an "Application.ProcessXMLRequest (byval sXMLRequest) as string" method
- Maximizer 13.0 is now supported! [Service Release: 1.06]
- There is now an option to synchronize the "\QuoteWerks\LeaseRateCards" folder. [Service Release: 1.06]
- GoldMine 2014.2 is now supported! [Service Release: 1.09]
- Added macro &DH_&PaymentOptions_IndicateSelected. Use this macro to generate the payment options text indicating which payment option is selected. [Service Release: 1.09]
- There is now a Lease Payment Options display macro. You can modify this on the Leasing tab of the Tools->Options menu. This will enable you to control the text that is used to display the lease payment options. [Service Release: 1.09]
- For QuickBooks users, the Select QuickBooks Sales Tax Item window has been modified to display the default tax item name from the existing customer record in QuickBooks. [Service Release: 1.18]
- Added support for Tech Data online order status of 'Invoiced'. Would receive "TechDataLineStatusConvertToStandard()" error. [Service Release: 1.18]
- On the Active Quotes Panel an "[R]" indicator will appear after the document number to indicate there are revisions related to this document. You can then open the document and choose the View->Document Revisions menu to see all the revisions. [Service Release: 1.18]
- When converting a document, if it has already been converted it will now alert you and ask if you would like to continue anyway. [Service Release: 1.18]
- SugarCRM 7.5 is now supported! [Service Release: 1.43]
- For QuickBooks users, When submitting an electronic order and then creating a PO in QuickBooks, the ShipTo information entered into the online order will be included in the QuickBooks Purchase Order. [Service Release: 1.43]
- For QuickBooks users added option to export to QuickBooks using the QuoteWerks document BillTo fields vs the SoldTo fields. If this option is set, then when exporting the document to QuickBooks as an invoice/estimate/salesOrder, it will map the QuoteWerks BillTo fields as the CustomerJob in QuickBooks. This "Transaction BillTo mapping" option is set on the Mappings.General subtab under the Quickbooks Setup window. [Service Release: 1.43]
- On the Email tab of the Tools->My Preferences menu there is now a new "Auto spell-check before sending e-mail" option. [Service Release: 1.43]
- For QuickBooks users, the Create QuickBooks Item window was widened to display longer Account names. [Service Release: 1.43]
- When line items are selected and then you perform an operation like Edit->Apply Cost Modifier, Edit->Apply Price Modifier, Edit->Apply Quantity, or Edit-> Edit Line Attributes, the line items will remain selected after the operation. [Service Release: 1.43]
- When using the Edit->Clear Line (CTRL-K), on a comment line or heading line, it no longer changes the line type to a Product/Service, it keep s the line type the same and just clears all the field data from it. [Service Release: 1.43]
- Added "Disable ManufacturerPartNumber Dropdown list" option under the Installation tab of the Tools->Options menu. This will prevent the dropdown list from appearing in the ManufacturerPartNumber column on the Document Items grid. This is used for customers that have product databases that are so large (15,000 products or more), this feature is not really useful and since it takes 12 seconds or more for the list to appear it is better just to disable it. [Service Release: 1.43]
- You can now use the command line to import contacts. Use the command line option, for example, /i:standardcontactimport.cit [Service Release: 1.43]
- You can now use the command line to import vendors. Use the command line option, for example, /i:standardvendorimport.vit [Service Release: 1.43]
- For Goldmine users, when creating a new opportunity, the default opportunity name will be generated using the macros on the Misc tab of the Tools->Options menu... [Service Release: 1.43]
- The search field labels on the Open Document window now display the customized labels as customized through the Quote WorkBook labels. [Service Release: 1.43]
- For Etilize users, on the Product Lookup window, there is now a [Clear] button that clears the Etilize search keyword and sets focus to the search keyword text box. [Service Release: 1.43]
- "Multiple Database Search" is now available in the Quick Lookup bar. [Service Release: 1.43]
- The Access tab of the User Properties window now has an [Export to Windows Clipboard] button. Useful for administrators to copy the entire list out to go over with management to determine rights to assign users. [Service Release: 1.43]
- For SYNNEX online ordering users, added the Markham, Ontario warehouse. [Service Release: 1.43]
- Support for the Knowtia contact manager has been removed.
- For MSCRM users, the [Find MSCRM Server] feature has been removed.
Activated beta testing support for ConnectWise 2014.5 beta.
- On the purchasing window, when clicking the [Create PO] button, it is now disabled while creating the PO to prevent it from being clicked again before the current operation has completed.
- Added Debug Command "DebugQVLicense" to display when a QuoteValet license is being allocated. [Service Release: 1.06]
- Activated beta testing support for SugarCRM 7.5. [Service Release: 1.18]
- The Tip of the day is no longer a modal window which interfered with API interactions, it is a top most non-modal window now. [Service Release: 1.18]
- For QuoteValet payment gateway setup for USAePay, the login field has been updated to display the label "UMKey/Source Key". [Service Release: 1.43]
- Activated beta testing support for MS CRM 2015. [Service Release: 1.43]
- For ConnectWise users, when sending over bundle items as individual product items the quantities set for the individual items were not being calculated correctly.
- For MS CRM Users, when Winning an Opportunity in MS CRM that QuoteWerks did not create, that had an MS CRM Quote attached, you would receive an error when attempting to update the quote.
- On the Document Open Window, when searching for both a Document Items field and Document headers field with the same name, would receive an error.
- For MS CRM Users using v6.0 and higher, when updating a call in MS CRM, the Priority would not be retrieved from the existing call and would be blank.
- if you installed a fresh install of QuoteWerks v4.7 build 1 or higher, then the DH.DepositMethodData field will only have been 80 chars. It needs to be 255 chars. This would cause problems and display an error when calculating the DepositAmount based on a line item value that had a ManufacturerPartNumber larger than 20 characters. If you already had a version of QuoteWerks installed prior to updating to QuoteWerks v4.7 Build, then the existing database would have been correctly upgraded to the proper 255 char size.
- On the Misc tab of Tools->Options window, the Recurring Group Rate Calculation Default was not being loaded with the Default that had been set. It would always default to APR. The Default was being saved and used, but anytime you came back to this window, it would be reset.
- For Autotask users, if an Autotask user manually made changes to opportunity fields not set by QuoteWerks, they would be overwritten with a blank value when QuoteWerks created or updated a quote in Autotask.
- For fresh installations the DocumentHeaders.PaymentOptionsData field was not in the database. [Service Release: 1.04]
- In a Recurring Grouped Bundle, the line item tax amount displayed in the group header line was not correct if a group member had a quantity greater than 1. [Service Release: 1.04]
- On the License Manager, when entering the Update Key would give false error that you were not licensed to use the current version and build of QuoteWerks. [Service Release: 1.04]
- For ACT! 2010 and higher users, when updating a QuoteWerks installation or when running nsetup.exe on a Windows 7 (64-bit) or higher, the older ACT! 2005-2009 link was getting installed. When trying to use the ACT integration in QuoteWerks would receive the error message "Error:One or more of the files required for the ACT! 2005 (or higher) integration is missing. [Service Release: 1.06]
- Error loading payment data xml in LoadPaymentOptionsXMLIntoMSXMLEx(), when selecting non-lease payment option in QuoteValet and then accepting the quote and then opening it in QuoteWerks. [Service Release: 1.09]
- From the Product Lookup Window, when doing a Multiple Product Database Search, and then choosing to add/insert a result into the quote that was found in Autotask or ConnectWise product database an error would be returned and a blank item would be added to the QuoteWerks Document. [Service Release: 1.09]
- For ConnectWise Users, when adding items from a Bundle that contained products/services from the ConnectWise product data source, if there was more than one part number that began with the same subset of another partnumber, the wrong product would sometimes be returned. [Service Release: 1.09]
- For ConnectWise Users creating Purchase Orders in ConnectWise via QuoteWerks and then Receiving them in QuoteWerks with multiple warehouse locations, an error could occur "The product must have the same warehouse as the purchase order" when attempting to receive the item. [Service Release: 1.09]
- For ConnectWise Users, when winning an opportunity and creating Service Tickets in ConnectWise from the Product(s) and Service(s) from the QuoteWerks Document, Closed Tickets would appear in the list of ConnectWise Service Tickets to attach to. [Service Release: 1.09]
- For ConnectWise Users when winning an opportunity and creating Service Tickets in ConnectWise from the Product(s) and Service(s) from the QuoteWerks Document, the default Service Ticket Status configured in the ConnectWise Setup was not being used. The first Status in the list would be selected for a new Service Ticket. [Service Release: 1.09]
- On the Lease Payment Calculator window, when selecting a lease rate card and choosing two terms and two purchase options, duplicate lease payment options would be displayed. [Service Release: 1.09]
- From the Product Lookup Window, when performing a search on a product database the Sort By Field drop down was not being applied. [Service Release: 1.09]
- For ConnectWise users in a region where the date format that does not start with Month (m-d-yyyy), the "Time Stamp" button on the "Create/Update Follow up Activity" window now obeys the date format starting with the Day (d-m-yyyy). [Service Release: 1.09]
- For ConnectWise users, when QuoteWerks added products to a ConnectWise ticket, the Order of the products added to the ticket would be reversed, the first item on the QuoteWerks document would be the last item on the ConnectWise Ticket. [Service Release: 1.09]
- On the Etilize panel in some cases the warehouse list would be longer than the display area and a vertical scrollbar would not appear. [Service Release: 1.18]
- For Autotask users, when converting a QuoteWerks quote to a lost sale, the Autotask Opportunity would not be updated as "Lost". [Service Release: 1.18]
- For ConnectWise users, when converting a quote to a lost sale, a $0.00 sales order would get created in ConnectWise. [Service Release: 1.18]
- On Opportunities Dashboard when choosing a user in certain cases would receive error "Error in GetDynNumFld, field = NULLMonthNumber'" [Service Release: 1.18]
- For Tech data users with Windows Regional settings set to French Canadian, real-time prices would be returned as 0.00. [Service Release: 1.18]
- For Product Content Subscribers, when attempting to obtain real-time pricing and adding an item to a quote at the same time, a blocking error would be returned when downloading the image from Etilize. [Service Release: 1.43]
- For QuickBooks users, the creation and updating of Customers and Jobs has been enhanced allowing for better support of using QuickBooks as the contact manager and selecting a CustomerJob like "Aspire Technologies:Server Upgrade". Previously QuoteWerks attempted to update the Job's address fields with the CustomerJob name like "Aspire Technologies:Server Upgrade" which depending upon the combined length of the customer and job would be larger than the QuickBooks 41 character address line causing an issue. Now it will just use the Customer portion of the CustomerJob combination. When the "If the customer does exist=Update" option is set, then if the quote refers to a job then the job will be updated, not the customer. If the quote refers directly to a customer (not a job), then the customer information will be updated. [Service Release: 1.43]
- When using the Edit->Clear Line (CTRL-K), on a group member line it would incorrectly remove it from the group, disconnecting/orphaning remaining group members below it in the group. [Service Release: 1.43]
- When changing an item attribute, sales tax amount, and others on a document that had multiple formula lines and summary lines it could take a long time for the action to complete. [Service Release: 1.43]
- For ConnectWise users, when converting from Quote to Order, and choosing to link to an existing service ticket, would receive run-time error 6 if there were more than 32767 tickets in ConnectWise. [Service Release: 1.43]
- For QuickBooks users, when exporting documents as estimates, if the Job Name (Estimates only) was set to Auto-generate, and if the Customer existed, but the JobName did not, QuoteWerks would not detect the existing default tax name specified in the Customer record. [Service Release: 1.43]
- For QuickBooks users, when clicking on the [Ok] button in the QuickBooks setup, it would incorrectly display the "It appears that you just turned on the feature to Sync Received Items to QuickBooks" prompt. [Service Release: 1.43]
- On the Active Quotes panel, if you had a document open, and you have the user preference set to "Auto display Active Quotes Panel", and you closed the Active Quotes panel, and then you saved the document, the Active Quotes panel would re-open. [Service Release: 1.43]
- When trying to import a QuoteWerks XML file using File -> Import would receive error 91. [Service Release: 1.43]
- When applying a R1 rounding to a number with no decimals it would increase the number by one. [Service Release: 1.43]
To refer to the features of the previous release click here