New Features of QuoteWerks 4.9 Build 4
- ConnectWise 2014.2 is now supported
- ConnectWise 2014.1 is now supported
- ConnectWise 2013.4 is now supported
- SalesLogix 8.1 is now supported!
- SalesLogix 8.0 is now supported!
- For UK users, the QuoteWerks Product Content subscription (powered by Etilize) now supports Accessories for the UK. Subscribers in the USA and Canada already have this feature. Including these manufacturer suggested accessories on your quotes is an easy way to up-sell options and a great way to generate more revenue.
- For QuoteValet users, the payment gateway of FirstData e4 is now supported!
- QuoteWerks user manual is now an HTML based help system!
- For ConnectWise users, ConnectWise Bundles are now supported in ConnectWise Opportunities. When creating/updating a ConnectWise Opportunity QuoteWerks "Grouped Bundles" are now created in the ConnectWise Opportunity as Bundles (under the Forecast tab). With this new support, in the ConnectWise Opportunity you will see the bundle header and the corresponding products that make up that bundle. This replaces the functionality where the bundled items were de-bundled and only sent over to the ConnectWise Opportunity as individual product line items with no bundle grouping at all. With this set of changes, we still retain the option "only create a single summary product in ConnectWise (not the individual group items)" for any customers that prefer this. The QuoteWerks bundle item attributes of HidePrice and HideQuantity are transferred over to the ConnectWise Opportunity bundle. When QuoteWerks creates the ConnectWise bundle in the ConnectWise Opportunity, for the ConnectWise Bundle Product ID it will use the Product ID specified in the setup field 'ConnectWise Bundle Product ID' on the Products.Bundles tab of the ConnectWise setup window. If the Group Header line item in QuoteWerks has a value entered in the field that is mapped to the ConnectWise Product ID then QuoteWerks will attempt to use that Product ID as the ConnectWise Opportunity Bundle line Product ID. If the Product ID does not exist in ConnectWise, QuoteWerks will create it. When Bundle Products are created in ConnectWise, all applicable standard product mappings like Product Type, Category/SubCategory and Unit of Measure are applied when creating the new Bundle Product.
- For ConnectWise users, when sending over grouped bundles to ConnectWise Opportunities as ConnectWise bundles you can now control if the bundle product in the ConnectWise Opportunity should create a Project phase when the Opportunity is converted to a Project from within ConnectWise. You can map the IsProjectPhase setting on the Products.Bundles tab under the ConnectWise Setup.
- For ConnectWise users, added an option "Enable multiple Quotes per Opportunity" so this behavior can be controlled. For new installations, this option is disabled by default. If enabled, this option to associate multiple quotes with a single ConnectWise opportunity is an older behavior that is no longer supported. This option is only here for existing ConnectWise users that are still relying on this behavior. For all others, this should not be checked as ConnectWise itself does not support having multiple quotes per single opportunity.
- For ConnectWise users, the ConnectWise Category/Subcategory mappings can be used to determine the QuoteWerks Item type when retrieving items from the ConnectWise Product database. Prior to this change, only the ConnectWise Product Type could be used to map to the QuoteWerks Item Type. Which of these two sets of mappings that controls which set of mappings are used is located on the Products.Product List tab of the ConnectWise Setup window.
- For Autotask users, you can now specify a default tax code when using Autotask Products and Autotask Services as Product Sources. This was already available for Autotask Labor items.
- The Promo End date for any Tech Data promo price will now be displayed on the Etilize panel.
- For ConnectWise users, when composing an email in QuoteWerks, you can can now select the email addresses belonging to any contact that is associated with the ConnectWise company selected as the Sold To.
- For ConnectWise users, when composing an email in QuoteWerks, you can now search the entire list of ConnectWise contacts for additional email recipients. The fields that can be searched by are: CompanyName, FirstName, LastName, Phone, email.
- For ConnectWise Users, when pulling in Company->TaxRate via the DataLink, if no TaxCode is defined on the selected ConnectWise Site then the TaxCode specified on the Company Finance record will be used.
- When creating products in ConnectWise, QuoteWerks now sets the ConnectWise Product's "Serialized" checkbox based on the ItemType mapping. These mappings can be setup on the Opportunities.Products.Serialized tab of the ConnectWise Setup window. The ConnectWise serialized features only work when you have the appropriate ConnectWise inventory module.
- There is now a Purchase Order Integration option to set under the Tools->Options menu. This same selection is in the setup wizard and is also on the Settings tab of the ConnectWise setup window, QuickBooks setup window and Peachtree setup window. So now you choose which accounting you are integrating with rather than QuoteWerks giving you options and asking every time which accounting you want to export purchase orders too. On the Purchasing window, there are now only two action buttons. The first action button is one to create a Purchase Order in QuoteWerks and optionally exports the purchase order to your designated accounting software. The second action button first creates an online order and then creates a Purchase Order in QuoteWerks and optionally exports the purchase order to your designated accounting software.
- Purchase Orders can now be created in QuoteWerks that are not electronic orders. Manually created QuoteWerks Purchase Orders behave much the same as the Purchase Orders created to track electronic orders, with the major difference being that the manually created Purchase Orders are not updated automatically with realtime shipping tracking and serial number information. That information, however, can be manually entered into the manually created Purchase Orders. Manually created Purchase Orders are created in the same area as the electronic purchase orders on the Purchasing tab of the Purchasing window. This feature requires (Corporate Edition) or (Professional Edition + Realtime module).
- Purchasing Receiving functionality has been improved to include basic inventory management. Now when you order a quantity of 5 of an item instead of having a single ReceivedOn date, you can now receive each individual item at different times and fully record the date/time as each item is received. When receiving items you can now select or enter the serial number of the item you are receiving and at the same time you can specify a storage location, Asset Tag, and MACAddress for the item. The Purchase Orders tab will also now display a POFulfillmentStatus column showing "Not Received","Partial Received", or "Fully Received".
- Purchase Order numbering sequence. There is now a purchase order unique numbering sequence that you can now use in the PONumber field when creating a new manual purchase order or a new electronic order. This field also supports the F2 key while will display the F2Lookup list which can lookup a PO number from an external source. The PO number will be formatted, for example, like 14-1001TD. The "14" indicates the year of 2014. The "1001" is the unique numeric sequence. The "TD" is an identifier to indicate that the purchase order was for Tech Data. You can choose to have a vendor this vendor identifier or not. Under the Utilities->Vendor Maintenance when editing a vendor you can specify it in the "Vendor PO Prefix" field. It can be a maximum of 3 characters. If QuoteWerks is configured to export purchase orders to QuickBooks, Peachtree, or ConnectWise, this same PO number will be used when creating the purchase order in the accounting software. You will want to reset the unique numeric sequence each year and this can be done on the Installation tab of the Tools->Options menu. The short nature of the PO number format takes into accounts QuickBooks very small 11 character max po number and Ingram Micro being the next at 18 characters.
- When creating purchase orders there is now a RefID field. This field will be displayed in the Purchase Orders list and can be filtered on. The best use for this field is to enter something like a job# or ticket# and is used to group purchase orders together. You might create 5 purchase orders to purchase all the products required for the job and by entering the same job# for each PO you can easily group and display them together on the purchase orders tab. Filtering on the job while on the Purchase Orders tab will show you the 5 purchase orders and you can get an overall view of if most of the items have been shipped and received. Filtering on the job while on the Ordered Items tab will show you a complete list of all the items ordered across all 5 purchase orders and show their status in terms of have they shipped, been received, and what the serial numbers are. On this tab, once you see you have received all the items, you can then schedule the job to deliver the items to the customer.
- You can now manually add tracking numbers and serial numbers to electronic orders. This is useful because the distributors don't always send complete information. There is also a Copy option to copy tracking numbers and serial numbers into the Windows clipboard.
- For QuickBooks users, there is now a "PO Numbering" option on the Transaction.QuickBooks tab of the QuickBooks Setup Window. Here, you can choose "Use QuickBooks Auto-numbering" or "Use QuoteWerks PO Number." When creating a manual PO in QuoteWerks and you've configured QuoteWerks to use QuickBooks for purchase orders, you'll be able to enter a blank PO number on the Create Purchase Order window. This will create the PO in QuickBooks using the next available QuickBooks PO number. That QuickBooks PO number will be used to update the QuoteWerks PONumber for the QuoteWerks purchase order, which you'll see under the Purchase Orders tab. When creating electronic POs, electronic orders require a PO number at the time you're placing the order, so you can't use the next available QuickBooks PO number here. Instead, you can use the next available QuoteWerks PO Number to submit the order to the distributor, then the QuoteWerks purchase order will use that PO number. If you have the PO Numbering option set to "Use QuickBooks Auto-numbering", then when you export the Purchase Order to QuickBooks, it will send a blank PO number to QuickBooks which will cause QuickBooks to use the next available PO number in QuickBooks. This new QuickBooks PO number will then be written into the QuoteWerks PO description field (for example, "[QBPO# 1001]").
- On the Purchase Orders and OrderedItems tab of the Purchasing window, the Items now sort by ShippedOn,EstimatedShipDate
- On the Purchase Orders tab of the Purchasing window there is now a right-click menu of "Edit PO". This will let you change the RefID and Description on the purchase order.
- On the Purchase Orders tab of the Purchasing window you can now filter by PONumber.
- On the Purchase Orders tab of the Purchasing window there is now a right-click menu of "Close PO". Once all the items on the PO have been received and possibly after the job has been completed and billed you can use this feature to flag the PO as "closed" so that it no longer appears in the Purchase Order window. There is an accompanying checkbox filter "Include Closed POs" on both the "Purchase Orders" and "Ordered Items" tab that you can use if you want to retrieve an older closed PO.
- On the Purchasing window under the Purchasing tab, added a [Clear] button and a [Refresh] button.
- For ConnectWise users, when QuoteWerks creates/updates a ConnectWise Opportunity and is setup to write line items to the ConnectWise Opportunity the CRMProductID auto-generation feature is now supported. This can be setup on the Products.Mappings tab of the ConnectWise Setup window from the Contacts->Setup Contact manager menu
- For ACT! users, when QuoteWerks creates/updates an ACT Opportunity and is setup to write line items to the ACT Opportunity the CRMProductID auto-generation feature is now supported. This can be setup on the ACT Opportunity Setup window from the Contacts->Setup Contact manager menu, choose [Opportunity Setup] button.
- For ACT! for Web users, when QuoteWerks creates/updates an ACT! for Web Opportunity and is setup to write line items to the ACT! for Web Opportunity the CRMProductID auto-generation feature is now supported. This can be setup on the ACT For Web Opportunity Setup window from the Contacts->Setup Contact manager menu, choose [Opportunity Setup] button.
- For Microsoft Dynamics CRM (MS CRM) users, when QuoteWerks creates/updates a MS CRM Opportunity and is setup to write line items to the MS CRM Opportunity the CRMProductID auto-generation feature is now supported. This can be setup on the MSCRM Opportunity Setup window from the Contacts->Setup Contact manager menu, choose [MS CRM Setup] button.
- CRMProductID Auto-Generation feature. In the simplest scenario you can setup the link to just use a QuoteWerks part number like the Manufacturer field as the CRM Opportunity CRMProductID. As a starting point the value from a specified field like the QuoteWerks ManufacturerPartNumber field is used. The auto-generation feature will allow for more than this when the InternalPartNumber or any CustomTextxx field is selected as the mapped field. This new auto-generation feature will allow for many scenarios of use, including the ability to maintain your own proprietary part numbers in CRM Opportunity. If the CRM integration supports using CRM Products as a product data source link, you can even use the Etilize functionality in combination with your own proprietary parts in CRM Opportunity. There are 3 auto-generation options. With "Do not auto-generate", when exporting items to CRM Opportunity, if the mapped field is empty, this will stop and force you to specify your proprietary part number. If you pulled the part from CRM Opportunity, it will already have your proprietary part number from CRM Opportunity. This is useful when you have custom part numbers that are not based on any field or combination of fields. With "Do not auto-generate", when exporting items to CRM Opportunity, if the mapped field is empty, then you will be forced to manually specify an CRMProductID before proceeding. This is used when using your own proprietary part numbers. With "Auto-generate using macro:", when exporting items to CRM Opportunity, instead of just using a simple field value like the ManufacturerPartNumber to become the CRM Opportunity CRMProductID, you can choose to have the CRM Opportunity CRMProductID auto-generated using a macro like &DI_ItemType:&DI_ManufacturerPartNumber. With "Auto-generate using macro based on ItemType:", when exporting items to CRM Opportunity, instead of just using a simple field value like the ManufacturerPartNumber to become the CRM Opportunity CRMProductID, you can choose to have the CRM Opportunity CRMProductID auto-generated based on the ItemType of the Item. So, for example if the ItemType is "Haas", then you can map to an auto-generation macro of "Haas:&DI_ManufacturerPartNumber, but if the ItemType is "Hardware" then you can map to an auto-generation macro of just "&DI_ManufacturerPartNumber". You can also set a value for "If any ItemTypes are not mapped use the following macro:".
- On the Purchase Orders and Ordered Items tabs of the Purchasing window, you can now enter comments for each PO item. This is really useful for entering notes on PO items such as updated product backorder ETA dates and other notes critical to the status and fulfillment of those items
- For electronic orders the Flooring account is now stored in the QuoteWerks purchase order and displayed on the Purchase Orders tab. When flooring accounts are used in an Ingram Micro electronic order, the flooring account must be supplied in all order status requests and if not would receive an error that the order was not found.
- For QuickBooks users, ItemReceipt documents can now be created in QuickBooks. When receiving items in the QuoteWerks Purchasing window, the Receipt is recorded along with the serial number received. When you are finished receiving the items on the Purchasing window you can click the "Sync Received Items to QuickBooks" button. If QuoteWerks created the Purchase Order in QuickBooks for the items being received, then this will create "ItemReceipt without Bill" documents in QuickBooks, receiving the items against the QuickBooks Purchase order that QuoteWerks created in QuickBooks. It will also append the serial numbers to the end of the item descriptions on the ItemReceipt in QuickBooks. To enable the "Sync Received Items to QuickBooks" button you need to check the checkbox "Sync Received Items to QuickBooks" on the Transaction.QuickBooks tab of the QuickBooks setup window. Also on this window, the Purchase Order Integration must be set to QuickBooks. This feature requires (Corporate Edition) or (Professional Edition + Realtime module).
- You can now change the starting unique number sequence for Quotes, Orders, and Invoices on the Installation tab of the Tools->Options menu. Care must be taken when changing these numbers, because it is possible to set it to a number that starts creating duplicate quote numbers
- The Save PDF File window now will remember the folder locations that you manually type in and will default to the last saved folder location the next time the window is displayed.
- For online ordering users, after online orders are placed the message that displays the order numbers has been modified to include an option to [Copy Text & Close]. Also the format of the message has changed, for example, "Tech Data - Sales Order number(s): 12345,45678". The information and format include in this is much more useful when pasting into other applications.
- In the Totals for all items frame on the DocumentItems tab, if the Profit/ProfitMargin are negative then they will be displayed in red.
- For Product Content Subscribers, the "Limit to my distributors" selection On the Product Lookup Window, now remembers the last selection used per user.
- For ScanSource users, the new ScanSource real-time Pricing & Availability version 3.0 API is now supported.
- Added an [Export to Clipboard] button for the Product Price History Window. Now, you can export any results of searches to the clipboard. The Access right "CannotExportDocumentsToClipboard" applies to this feature.
- Added new macro "&DH_LocalTaxRate" for cover pages, layout design, and word merging
- For Goldmine users, the speed of loading the Create/Update forecast window has been dramatically improved.
- The Active Quotes Panel now limits the results to only the first 20 active quotes.
- Added new default QuoteWerks ItemTypes of "Labor" and "ManagedService" for new installations.
- On the Purchasing tab of the Purchasing window, the 'select vendor" and "select Customer" lists are now automatically re-generated as you change any of the filtering criteria. With this, you can choose a vendor like Tech Data and then instantly see which customers you need to order Tech Data items for. Similarly, when you choose a customer, you can see all the vendors that you need to order the items from for that customer
- The [Test] button for the D&H real-time setup would report an error even when the test was successful.
- For ConnectWise Users, the TaxCode set on the shipping line item created in ConnectWise Opportunity would not be set correctly if using the Canadian Tax system.
- For QuickBooks users, when using the Purchasing window to export Purchase orders to QuickBooks, QuoteWerks would keep the connection to QuickBooks open after the Purchasing window was closed which would prevent the QuickBooks user from closing QuickBooks until QuoteWerks was closed.
- For ConnectWise Users, when creating products in ConnectWise an empty error could be displayed if various QuoteWerks->ConnectWise mappings were not in place.
- For ConnectWise users, When creating service tickets, when you had an item that was a service item that was also a service forecast, there was not an option to create a service ticket for it.
- Error about SQL "incorrect syntax" when deleting an approval profile.
- For ConnectWise users, would receive error "overflow" when saving an opportunity. Had to do with opportunity forecast record id being larger than 32,000.
- Would receive error "No value given for one or more required parameters" when clicking on the Receive hyperlink on the Purchasing window, this was introduced in 4.9 Build 2.02.
- The macro "&DH_DepositAmount" macro was not formatted as currency.
- On the Ingram Micro tab of the Real-time Setup window, the [Test] button now works for Ingram Micro Belgium
- For Autotask users, when searching for Contacts, Products, Services, or Labor, and your search value contained '&', '<', or '>', no results would be returned.
- When using Paste Special with HTML formatted data that contained unpaired double-quotation marks, the wizard would not correctly determine the start and end of rows. This would happen most often with quote information copied from the Dell website, Dell emails, or copying from Excel.
- For QuoteValet and product Content users, if Etilize picture file names contained non-standard characters, the picture would be displayed but would not be uploaded to QuoteValet.
- For Windows 8 and Google Chrome Users, when launching the QuoteValet Preview a 0.0.0.0 tab would be also be launched.
- For ConnectWise users, in 2013.4 and 2014.1 when creating/updating a ConnectWise Opportunity, product forecast lines were getting created that should not be created with the new ConnectWise functionality introduced in 2013.4 where product items are now created directly on the "Forecast" tab of the opportunity and no longer in a separate "Products" tab.
- For QuoteValet users, starting January 1st, 2014, QuoteValet.com was updated and required this corresponding update to QuoteWerks . Without it, when attempting to configure QuoteValet Payment Processor details the configuration fields displayed did not correspond to the payment processor selected.
- For ConnectWise users, when attempting to update an existing activity the user was instead prompted to create a new activity.
- For QuoteValet users, on the Payments tab of the QuoteValet Dashboard, the chronological sorting of the payments did not take into account the AM or PM of the time portion.
- For ConnectWise users, when creating/Updating an opportunity in ConnectWise, if the same ConnectWise user was chosen for both 'Sales Rep' and 'Int. Sales Rep' ConnectWise would throw an exception when attempting to save the opportunity details in ConnectWise since ConnectWise does not allow this. The QuoteWerks UI has been updated to prevent selecting the same user for both fields.
- For ConnectWise users, when saving as next revision, if new items had been added to the quote prior to starting the 'Save as Next Revision' processes those items would not be reflected in the associated ConnectWise Opportunity forecast / product details until a subsequent manual re-save of the quote was performed.
- For ConnectWise users, when pulling contact information into the BillTo or ShipTo fields, the ConnectWise PrimaryAddress/Site would incorrectly be set for the SoldTo contact in the quote. This should only be set when pulling in the SoldTo contact Information.
- In the E-Mail Template Manager window, when cloning a Snippet, it would actually clone the html from the currently selected template on the Templates tab
- If you had the option set for "Keep the same numeric sequence and change document type designator", and when the document was a quote you manually changed/set the DocNo to something that did not follow the AAA+Q+1001 type format, then you would be prompted two times to manually set the DocNo for the resulting Order when converting the Quote to an Order
- On the QuoteWerks "My Summary" dashboard there would be a display issue if the QuoteWerks installation path contained an apostrophe "'".
- If the DataLink has been setup for a CRM, and then the CRM is set to use QuoteWerks instead, when the CRM DataLink field was not found in the QuoteWerks contact database, an error would occur.
- For SugarCRM users, the expected close date on an opportunity would sometimes display 12/30/1899.
- For ConnectWise users, on the Create/Update ConnectWise Opportunity screen, when changing the sales rep selection would receive an error.
To refer to the features of the previous release click here